Valves perform extraordinarily varied and vital roles in the control and containment of fluids in modern industry and society. This 1-day course is designed as an introduction to the subject of valves and valve technology, to allow delegates to gain a thorough grasp of the basic principles and important aspects of valves and their use. The course will also cover issues relating to materials, performance, safety and the environment.
- Achieve a thorough grasp of the basic principles of valves, their selection, installation and use
- Gain an understanding of the construction of the many different valve types
- Understand the practice of valve operation
- Receive a full course manual as a permanent record
- The opportunity to discuss with lecturer specific valve problems or issues
Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at all individuals who have limited knowledge of valves or who wish to gain a broader perspective of their use. It is also suitable for engineers and technicians who wish to re-introduce themselves to the subject
Derek Smith, with over 30 years experience in the valve industry
information relating to course content..