TRAINEE GENERAL MANAGER
To work in a long established valve manufacturer in the North East of England who are part of a wider engineering group.
To learn all aspects of the valve business from the present incumbent ready for taking the General Manager's Position. website: www.yandc.co.uk
- Lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards.
- Full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met.
- Responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures
- Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training,working practices and processes.
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Liaise and communicate with all departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Manufacturing activities.
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
Design. Performance Management, Staffing, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Developing Standards, Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Strategic Planning, Quality Management. Foundry experience.
- CAD abilities and good understanding of Valve manufacturing/ foundry practices would be ideal.
- Relevant manufacturing / engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Experience of managing Profit & Loss responsibilities for manufacturing
- Understanding of ISO 9001 2015, IOSH / NEBOSH,
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent leadership and man-management skills
Please Contact / Forward your C.V. by e-mail
Kevin Woodmansey email@example.com
Published: 12th March 2019