About BVAA (Introduction)
Colin Findlay, BVAA Chairman
Established in 1939, the British Valve and Actuator Association represents the interests of over 200 British companies which are contributing £3b annually to UK plc.
BVAA member companies support more than 9,000 hardworking British families directly, plus an equal number in our support industries.
To be the Voice of our Industry while delivering business opportunities for our members
To create value for our members by providing excellent business networks, new business opportunities, industry recognised training, technical expertise and influence
The membership is involved in more than 50 different committees whose areas of study cover a wide spectrum on the valve and actuator industry, including the setting of European and International standards, writing codes of practice, establishing industry ground rules and, most importantly, establishing a forum for members to meet with their peers.
We are also active in communal marketing, business development, business management and related support. We also publish the world-renowned Valve User magazine.
Membership is open to companies registered in the UK who manufacture, distribute or repair valves, actuators and related products and services.
Terms of Reference: To be responsible to the membership:
- For all detailed matters pertaining to the future strategy, administration and financial affairs of the association.
- For the vetting of applicants for membership and recommendation for acceptance/rejection thereof.
- Project Groups
BVAA operates a number of working groups dedicated to topics such as Valves & Actuators (technical issues), Business Development, Repair & Servicing, Seals and Training.
If your business is a manufacturer, supplier, distributor or stockist within the valve and/or actuator industry, please contact us to find out how we can help.
We offer the following:
- Several valve / actuators training courses a year at our dedicated training centre.
- Search our comprehensive industry database to find products / suppliers of British valves.
- Valve User Magazine. Keeping you up to date with the latest valve industry news.
- Submit a valve-related enquiry directly to our BVAA members' marketplace. Get an answer quick!