For over 85 years, the British Valve and Actuator Association has, on a not-for-profit basis, supported the British Valve industry and its supply chain with essential services that are exclusive to our members and simply unavailable elsewhere.
We represent the interests of over 180 members, employing 10,000+ employees which contribute £3bn annually to the UK Market.
BVAA creates value for our members by providing excellent business networks, new business opportunities, industry recognised training, technical expertise and influence.
The membership is involved in more than 50 different committees whose areas of study cover a wide spectrum on the valve and actuator industry, including the setting of European and International standards, writing codes of practice, establishing industry ground rules and, most importantly, providing multiple business development opportunities for our members.
Working & Informing Together
The BVAA exert expert influence where and when it’s needed.
- Active collaboration with bodies such as API, BSI, CEN, ISO etc. to ensure development of relevant industry standards is rooted in our unrivalled technical expertise.
- Technical advice, expert groups and shaping legislation.
- Collective voice to address issues such as trade barriers, challenging sectors, difficult territories
- Business support - e.g. FREE Tax, HR, H&S and legal advice.
- We provide extensive support services to benefit members of all sizes and sectors - around 50 tangible benefit strands and opportunities
Facilitate commercial growth and development.
- Enable information sharing and collaboration between non-competitive members, to facilitate consortia bidding and new business opportunities.
- Create opportunities to pool experience and expertise over general issues and requirements such as ‘Brexit’, Covid-19.
- Business development and networking - dedicated regional and international conferences and events.
- Desktop exhibitions, held at premises of major buyers and specifiers, are a powerful business development forum for suppliers and stockists.
- Global market reports and forecasts inform business development decisions.
- Future Leader Programme (FLP) tackling the skills gap, creating a valuable network for the younger workforce through mentoring, development and retention of leading talent by spotlighting career paths.
- Training - Independent technical and personal development cours
- BVAA’s ‘Valve & Actuator Users’ Manual’ - in six iterations over 60 years - is the international reference point on flow control technologies.
- Valveuser magazine is published by the BVAA and is the only UK publication devoted to Valves and Actuators.
- Internationally circulated with dedicated interactive website, valveuser.com.
- BVAA members can feature editorial free of charge, and advertising is reserved for members only.
- Educational features, new product announcements, application stories, company profiles & industry news.
Join Today and enjoy 50% discount on first year's membership!*
Membership is open to companies registered in the UK who manufacture, distribute or repair valves, actuators and related products and services. Click on the links below to find out more.
*Discount only applies to new members.
Why join BVAA?
For over 80 years, the British Valve & Actuator Association has, on a not-for-profit basis, supported the British Valve industry and its supply chain with exclusive member services. Our members benefit from:
- Discounted industry leading training
- Free editorial within Valveuser Magazine
- Events and Networking with 180+ members and industry’s customers
- Technical support and advice from world-renowned experts
- Free access to Global Valve Market Forecasts
- Influence Govt. and NGO policy and legislation
- Receive free expert advice on HR, H&S and legal matters